Friday 31 January 2020

Getting Excited and Getting Ready To Go


It is less than a week before we leave for our vacation.  We'll be staying in Toronto next Friday night in order to catch a flight to LA the next day.

Last night we had a scare.  During the day I developed extremely painful spasms in the area directly below my belt buckle. So during the evening we went to the hospital to get it checked out.  My first thoughts were that I had a kidney stone or possibly something even worse. The ER doctor couldn't find any swelling or tenderness in that area and the spasms had subsided during the wait time in the ER.  So I was scheduled for an Ultrasound today.



The results of the Ultrasound didn't show anything, and doctor concluded that I must have a low grade testicular infection.  So I'm on antibiotics, which is the best results that I could hope for.

The Novel Coronavirus continues to hang over our heads, like a dark cloud.  Although we are not worried about contracting this virus, we are worried about the containment measures that countries may undertake.  If the borders are closed or travel restricted then that would make for a very boring vacation. Just yesterday a cruise ship was placed under quarantine in Italy, when it was suspected that two passengers were infected with this virus.  That would be our worst nightmare.  It turned out the two passengers were not infected but they did have the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 21 - Photos from our South Pacific Vacation

Here are some of the photographs from our vacation. No, it is not all 2,000 pictures! Unfortunately, some of the pictures taken with my p...